Sunday, June 19, 2011

Word Guild Awards 2011

I was honored (sorry: "honoured") to learn that my book, Thinking in Tongues: Pentecostal Contributions to Christian Philosophy, has received the 2011 Word Guild Award in the Academic category. (The Word Guild hosts the annual Canadian Christian Writing Awards.)

I was quite surprised since the other finalists in this category--Deborah C. Bowen's Stories of the Middle Space: Reading the Ethics of Postmodern Realisms and James R. Payton's Getting the Reformation Wrong--are both books I've noted and are well-deserving of recognition, thus I was very much expecting them to spread the wealth, so to speak. So I'm particularly grateful for the honour [sic] and continue to be encouraged by the community of Christian writers in my home and native land--though I don't expect to be overtaking Janette Oke anytime soon!